CDL Driver – Boom Crane – Auburn Al
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36830
Drives delivery vehicle to customer site that requires the operation of a crane or boom to load or unload material. Driver will operate either an articulating drywall boom truck or straight truck which requires a Class B CDL, or a stick crane attached to a road tractor which requires a Class A CDL.
- Assists customers with unloading material safely and accurately, taking precautions to protect product and customer property.
- Calculates boom/crane capacities and weights and checks clearances so that buildings, hydro wires and machine will not be damaged. Ensures load is not over weight limits and adheres to DOT regulations.
- Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
- Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
- Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 21+ years of age, a valid Class A or B CDL license, and a boom/crane operator license.
A minimum of two (2) years of driving experience and prior boom/crane experience.
Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification