Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36830
Driver – None CDL – Auburn AL
Full time – Hourly
Note: This is a starting position with an opportunity for training and progression based upon demonstrated aptitude and performance.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Builders FirstSource is the largest supplier of building products, prefabricated components, and value-added services to the professional market segment, primarily for new residential construction and repair and remodeling, in the U.S.
We provide customers an integrated homebuilding solution, offering manufacturing, supply, delivery and installation for a full range of structural and related building products. We operate in 40 states with approximately 400 locations and have a market presence in 74 of the top 100 Metropolitan Statistical Areas, providing geographic diversity and balanced end market exposure.
We service customers from strategically located distribution facilities and manufacturing facilities, which produce value-added products such as roof and floor trusses, wall panels, stairs, vinyl windows, custom millwork and pre-hung doors. Builders FirstSource also distributes dimensional lumber and lumber sheet goods, millwork, windows, interior and exterior doors, and other building products.
Responsible for loading, transporting and delivering material to customer sites. This is a non-CDL driver position operating a non-commercial motor vehicle weighing less than 10,000 lbs.
* Loads and secures product, material and supplies inside delivery vehicle. Delivers customer orders to delivery sites and unloads material safety and accurately, taking precaution to protect product and customer property.
* Required to use a hand-held device, except while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
* Verifies order details and maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries. Check items against invoice to ensure accuracy of order.
* Acts as customer service liaison. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
* Maintains service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
Requirements: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), 18+ years of age and a valid driver’s license. Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials and delivery equipment is desired.
Must be able to pass MVR report and obtain a DOT medical card. Forklift certification
• Knowledge of safety procedures while performing driving and materials handling tasks
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out route assignment
• Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
* The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
* Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org