Customs Manager A220
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 22-May-2019 to 23-Jun-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Job Summary: The Customs Manager ensures that CSALP US Inc.’s A220 Final Assembly Line USA complies with Customs regulations (including those of partner government agencies) and corporate import/export policies, while enabling the supply chain to support aircraft production. The selected candidate will lead strategic initiatives with internal and external stakeholders to assess and improve existing import compliance procedures and policies.
- Provide guidance and oversight regarding Customs and import compliance issues to A220 partners globally
- Identify and mitigate trade compliance and financial risks using ERM principles
- Create and adapt customs processes and compliance controls to be used by internal and external teams
- Manage Airbus’s external customs brokers and external support to ensure timely and compliant customs activities
- Maintain and audit customs item master information, including HTS justification and PGA information
- Prepare and submit binding rulings
- Audit customs declarations for accuracy and compliance, preparing PSC submissions as necessary
- Develop and implement the value reconciliation methodology for A220 in line with company transfer pricing
- Submit business cases for both company opportunities and risk mitigation measures
- Lead and participate in improvement projects in the role of a Customs SME
- Act as A220 program focal point and provide ad-hoc advice to cross-functional peers
- Conduct internal training on trade compliance requirements
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of CBP laws and regulations is required
- 4+ years’ experience in tariff classification is required
- 6+ years’ experience in import compliance and operations is required
- Excellent analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in a group context as a leader and collaborator
- Ability to research and comprehend aircraft engineering and maintenance data… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.