Art & Graphic Design Instructor-Deadline Extended
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phenix City, AL 36869
CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Art and Graphic Design Instructor-Deadline Extended
SALARY: See Position Description
OPENING DATE: 05/23/19
CLOSING DATE: 07/05/19 05:00 PM
NOTE: CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OBSERVES EASTERN TIME. ALL
TIMES SHOWN ARE IN EASTERN TIME.
The primary task of an instructor at Chattahoochee Valley Community College is to instruct students in activities designed to promote intellectual growth. Essential duties and responsibilities of an instructor include commitments to students in the classroom, the teaching discipline, students outside the classroom, to the College, and to the community.
Salary: Salary level will be determined by educational attainment and years of directly applicable experience according to Salary Schedule D-1. The salary range for nine months is $40,590 to $79,368. Summer employment may be available (an additional $12,532 to $24,546) but is not guaranteed.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the online application system by the deadline date in order to be considered. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Cover letter
- Current résumé
- One page personal Statement of Philosophy regarding the mission of the community college
- Portfolio of a minimum of 10 design samples uploaded in PDF format to include samples of digital design work (for example, typography, photography, layout design, illustration, branding, etc). Links to personal portfolio websites may be submitted in addition to the uploaded PDF portfolio. All submitted portfolios will become the property of CVCC and will not be returned.
- Copies of college transcripts
Completion of all sections of the online application is required. Application materials, including
transcripts, must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications. Degrees must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts will be required by theCollege prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of the College. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied.
Anticipated Start Date: August 2019 or as negotiated
- Master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in art, visual communications, computer graphics, digital media, graphic design, or a related field, with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours or the equivalent graduate quarter hours in the appropriate teaching discipline
- Proficient with current Macintosh computer platform and current industry-standard software products used in visual communications processes, including at a minimum Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to teach both art and graphic design courses
- Ability to incorporate instructional technology innovations into the classroom curriculum
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
- Competent use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Successful teaching experience in an art or graphic design discipline in a two-year college setting
- Film, animation, or photography experience
- Three (3) years of full-time work experience in visual communications, computer graphics, graphic design, digital media, or a related field
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Teach classes as assigned.
2. Carry out all assignments according to schedule.
3.Participate in selection of texts and teaching materials for art and visual graphics and design courses.
4. Prepare course syllabi and objectives in conjunction with departmental guidelines.
5. Recruit students for the program and the College at large.
6.Plan, implement, and evaluate both introductory and advanced college transfer courses
appropriate to the community college level art and visual graphics and design disciplines.
7. Develop and deliver Web-based instruction.
8. Utilize instructional technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
9. Master software as needed in order to enhance instruction.
10.Maintain currency of professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education.
11. Serve as academic advisor for students as assigned.
12.Maintain a minimum of a thirty-five (35) hour work week; maintain regular and predictable
12.Participate in all college registration activities (advance registration, New Student Experience, late registration, and drop/add).
14. Participate in the College’s graduation ceremony.
15. Serve on institutional committees.
16. Participate in the College’s planning process.
17. Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
All correspondence with applicants regarding this search process will be sent via e-mail.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy announcement and must submit a complete application packet via the online process by the deadline date in order to be considered. The online application link is found on the employment page of the College’s website (www.cv.edu/human-resources/).
Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. NO PHOTOS PLEASE.
The College will not incur the cost of applicants’ interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
Verification of employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made.
Employment verification letters should, at a minimum, include the work experience indicated on the application.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify) which electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Applicants hired by CVCC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869
ART AND GRAPHIC DESIGN INSTRUCTOR