Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36607
Our client in Mobile, AL is seeking 2 Quality Inspectors
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the execution and confirmation of quality inspections as part of the production process.
In this role the the qualified candidates would:
• Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
• Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
• Document the technical inspections performed in the production orders SAP-based and the relevant SAL-based IT systems by inspection arks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
• Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests.
• Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
• Document all the results of the technical inspector in the SAP based IT system.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5 years of experience as a Quality Inspector in an international aviation company.
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
• Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
• Handling and use of inspection tools of the length measuring techniques (mechanical, optional, electrical).
• Quality Inspector Systems: A technician with a focus on Quality Inspection in system manufacturing in the aviation industry with a high school diploma.
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant License" an A&P license including inspection authorization preferred.
• Airline experience is desirable.
• Vision: Adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions.
• Hearing: Able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
• Speaking: Able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
• Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
• Carrying: Able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
• Lifting: Able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
• Pushing/Pulling: Able to push/pull items in office areas.
• Sitting: Able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
• Squatting/Kneeling: Able to work on in the wing or center box in a confined space. Entrance into wing by a 9.8 inch x 17.7 inch oval opening. Able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
• Standing: Able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
• Travel: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
• Walking: Able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.