Donation Attendant - Full Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Spanish Fort, AL 36577
GOODWILL EASTERSEALS OF THE GULF COAST
TITLE: Donation Attendant DATE WRITTEN: 1/2018
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods SUPERVISED BY: Store Manager. Asst. Mgr.
STATUS: Non-exempt, Part-time or Full-time
Mission Contribution: Providing funding for our mission services operation.
Function: Providing customer service to donors and sorting donations.
Ensures World Class donor and customer service, greeting customers within 10 seconds and providing friendly service and information.
- Assists with unloading donations from the donors’ vehicle and takes in donations left outside of store.
- Keep an accurate count of donations.
- Sorting donations into designated equipment.
- Loading large purchases for customers.
- Ensures a clean and empty work station at the end of each shift.
Ensures the image of the exterior and interior of the donation area are maintained to Goodwill Easter Seals’ standards.
Keeps aisles free from debris in the production area.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
Must be able to market Goodwill Easter Seals and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must be able to take initiative and work well with little supervision.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Must be able to distinguish between better name brand merchandise.
Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
Experience and Education Requirements:
High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Prior work experience in the service industry preferred.
- Ability to engage in frequent bending, stretching and stooping.
- Ability to engage in prolonged standing, walking and twisting.
- Ability to push equipment on wheels weighing 50 lbs. to 150 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 lbs. frequently and 75 lbs. with assistance occasionally.
- Ability to use fingers, hands and wrists, repetitively.
Frequent physical exertion; exposure to unfit donated goods.
Critical Performance Factors:
- Customer Service
- Speed and quality of processing
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position. I will be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation
Applicant / Employee’s Signature Date
Supervisor/Manager’s Signature Date