Asset Engineering Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Burkeville, AL 36752
The Asset Engineering Manager is responsible for the Asset Reliability program for the Burkville facility.
• Direct reports include Reliability Engineers and Inspection Engineers.
• Major responsibilities include: Site wide implementation and continuous improvement in the application of asset reliability methodologies including
o Reliability Centered Maintenance
o Root Cause Analysis
o Risk Based Inspection
o Reliability Instrumented Systems;
• Continuous improvement in predictive and preventive maintenance program with focus on the condition based monitoring program based on asset failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
• Identify and facilitate training strategy for Reliability methodologies and condition based inspections
• Provide site focal point of contact with Asset Technology Center in regard to asset reliability;
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Asset Engineering Manager reports to the Technical Manager. The Asset Engineering Manager interacts routinely with reliability resources within the SABIC Asset Technology Center and at other SABIC Manufacturing facilities to share and translate reliability knowledge and best practices across the business. This role provides direction to the Reliability team and other site resources in pursuit of continuous improvement of the Operational Effectiveness Asset Performance Management Work Process. The incumbent routinely interfaces with the Project Development and Control Group, the EHSS Team, Maintenance Leads and Planners, Unit Maintenance and Operations Teams, Contractors and Vendors to promote application of asset reliability best practices. He/She will routinely interact with site and business leadership to communicate program status and performance in an effort to gain appropriate sponsorship for continuous improvement that will deliver significant positive impact on business results.
• Promote strong Risk Management leadership.
• Promote and contribute to strong team environment committed to supporting overall goals and objectives of Site and Business.
• Review, modify and standardize engineering practices (project execution, management of change, engineering documentation), specifications and standards to drive “Design for Reliability”.
• Develop, or modify as necessary, practices and procedures to drive increased equipment reliability. EHSS, Quality, Stable Operations and Cost are the key metrics.
• Promote and lead reliability studies including Reliability Centered Maintenance and Root Cause Analysis and drive implementation of recommendations and corrective actions.
• Energize Site Teams to drive improvements in overall asset reliability. Champion implementation and use of the Asset Performance Management work process.
• Promote and contribute to Asset Technology Center activities focused on Benchmarking (internal and external) and Translation of best practices.
• Use Six Sigma tools to reach data driven decisions.
• Promote use of maintenance management tools including CMMS.
• Support Maintenance Team on resolution of extended maintenance delays, safety work orders, project reviews, incident investigations, etc.
• Develop and implement business focused short and long-term asset management strategies in alignment with Maintenance, EHSS, Quality and Operations Teams.
• Develop and implement key indicators to track and measure asset reliability performance.
• Routinely report on program status and key performance indicators