Maintenance II - Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Calera, AL 35040
The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to ensure the operational readiness of all Quarry and Plant mobile equipment. The Moblie Equipment Mechanic is also responsible to ensure that all work is completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner and in compliance with environmental requirements.
Nature and Scope:
• The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, generation of repair parts list and performing the repair to any and all plant mobile equipment.
• The incumbent must be able to work as part of a team and individually to ensure timely repairs through the use of computer diagnostic tools and computer based service and repair software.
• The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic will be required to dismantle, repair and install parts on various equipment.
• The incumbent must have experience working on large diesel engine driven quarry equipment, gasoline engine pickups as well as small gasoline engines.
• The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing thorough inspections of mobile equipment while the machine is down for routine service or preventative maintenance.
• The incumbent must have a working knowledge of hydraulic systems, the ability to read schematics, perform major welding repairs and perform repairs on mobile air conditioning systems.
• The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for reading and understanding assigned work orders and will report constructive feedback and specific details of repair
• The incumbent will be responsible for the housekeeping of the specific task as well as participate in the housekeeping of the general mobile shop.
• The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic must furnish own hand tools. Large and specialty tools will be provided.
• The incumbent will be required to work some weekends and shifts.
- 3-5 years of related experience. Hands on experience with mobile equipment repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience with mobile mining equipment.
- Strong mechanical background with experience as a skilled tradesperson is extremely helpful and necessary in most instances.