Senior Propulsion Production Engineer - Huntsville, AL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
Provides Production and Propulsion support to missile systems and production programs for a prominent DoD customer. Conducts evaluations and makes recommendations to improve manufacturing and production programs. Coordinates and communicates directly with high level representatives of the government and prime contractors.
Formulates opinions, recommendations, and written communication of activities to summarize results to customers. Utilizes knowledge of factory production activities to identify issues and concerns. Participates and works as a team member on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). Employs familiarity with all aspects of manufacturing and quality processes in a defense manufacturing facility.
- ABET accredited BS in Aerospace, Production or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 9 years experience in manufacturing, reliability and/or quality
- Supplier and/or quality management systems experience including root cause analysis
- Experience related to transitioning programs into production, metal machining, and composites
- Experience with energetic materials (rocket motors, propulsion, pyrotechnic assemblies, etc.)
- Approximately 25% travel
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma process improvements
- Knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and/or ASQ auditing
- Experience with ISO-9001 processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Environmental and/or Acceptance Testing of missile systems and/or rocket motors
- Experience in production planning documentation, performing production reviews and preparing risk assessments
- Familiarity with preliminary designs for potential sub-scale solid rocket motors
- Experience in a Material Test Lab / machine shop – metal machining or machine composite panels
- Design experience with solid propellant rocket motors for military and space applications
- Trade studies experience evaluating impacts of propellant performance, nozzle configuration, case and grain design
- Honesty, superior ethics
- Interpersonal savvy, excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Positive attitude
Life at _INTUITIVE_®
Awards: * _INTUITIVE_’s many awards showcase our success at building a professional and well-rounded culture of excellence. Awards include Best Small and Medium Companies to Work for in the U.S. in Fortune Magazine, Huntsville Best Places to Work, National Prime Contractor of the Year Award, Best for Vets in Military Times Edge Magazine, Top 50 Companies in America for Workers over 50, Torch Award for Ethics, Family Friendly Business Award, Fit Friendly Company Award, and more. Employees take great pride in these validations of our success.
Giving Back: * Giving in the community includes investment of time and effort, as well as monetary action. Very thoughtful in our choices, we focus on helping children and the elderly, as we feel they are most often overlooked. This approach results in meaningful employee involvement as we volunteer at a local school, support organizations that care for the homebound, assist groups that care for homeless children and families, support veteran organizations and activities, et al. Employee feedback shares how very rewarding such activities are.
Fun: Our natural atmosphere of camaraderie and professionalism fosters our coming together to enjoy many events, the success of which is evidenced by great turn-out, lots of fun, and wonderful feedback.
Focus on Health: Very health-conscious from the top down, we incorporate many types of health-related events and activities, resulting in positive impact on health-care cost outcomes. We are a proud winner of the Fit Friendly Company Award from the American Heart Association.
Incentives: A robust focus on recognition for performance, accomplishments, and creativity is part of our attracting and retaining skilled and talented individuals, supporting our outstanding retention rates.
Continuing Education: * Close attention to the development of our employees and supporting them in many avenues of continuing education are a part of our company fabric, and result in the furthering of the caliber of our capabilities as well as the satisfaction of our employees.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants — Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address or phone number to contact us about your interest in employment at INTUITIVE firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-922-9300 x. 1113. Our process is to respond and to work with the requestor to identify a workable accommodation to the application process.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Company Order Number: 1819-145HV
Job Time: Full Time
- of openings:* 1