Slitting Line Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Calvert, AL 36513
THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT POSITION
Job Summary: Performs duties related to setting up the line and ability to operator the line by performing the following duties
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Must assist operator on recoiler side. This includes communicating when to break coils, banding materials for safe movement to packaging area, and creating the over arms bars from next MPO.
- Must load slitter on the uncoiler side assuring proper marking of the coils sizes.
- Notify operator of non-conformance seen while processing
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Assist with setup creation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High School diploma or GED; or minimum 1-3 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and understand work orders and written instructions. Ability to use measuring devices and computer system (with training) to check stock and print tags.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Kl?ckner & CO, based in Duisburg,Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.?
Visit us at www.kloecknermetals.com to learn more about us and see other opportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation and review our latest videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA