Part Time Driver Aide AIB-EHG R-3891-3899
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Talladega, AL 35161
Revised & Re-Advertised
Posting Date: August 1, 2018
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Part-Time Driver Aide
Alabama Industries for the Blind Case Management,
E. H. Gentry, Office of Field Services
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Requisition Number Position ID Number Regional Center
R-3891 6160052 Shoals
R-3892 6260052 Huntsville
R-3893 6260052 Birmingham
R-3894 6460052 Talladega
R-3895 6560052 Tuscaloosa
R-3896 6760052 Montgomery
R-3897 6860052 Dothan
R-3898 6960052 Mobile
R-3899 4216556 E.H. Gentry
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must possess a valid Alabama Driver’s License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
• Must be reliable transportation
• Must obtain, a sign language proficient of Survival within the first 30 months of employment.
• Must complete Orientation to Blindness Training within the first 30 days of employment.
• Must present a positive image in appearance.
• Must have the ability to interact with the public in a positive manner.
• Must be willing to participate in in-service training as needed.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours.
• Must be able to demonstrate map reading skills and ability to follow instructions/directions.
• Must have the ability to use the internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
• Must be able to keep client information confidential.
• Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $49.60 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
• Provide assistance with paperwork as needed.
• Maintain confidentiality of consumers.
• Read maps and follow directions.
• Transport consumers who are blind/visually impaired, deaf/hard of hearing and deaf/blind to medical appointments, the airport or other necessary appointments.
• Provide assistance to the consumers by observing environmental factors and relating the information to the consumers as necessary.
• Use the internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
• Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $12.95 per hour Scale SI Rank HS
Payroll Schedule – Monthly
Direct Deposit Required
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 30, 2019
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.