Maintenance Technician Class 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36081
- Perform basic mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul and rebuild production plant machinery and equipment applicable to his/her department.
- Competently operate telehandlers, forklifts, aerial lifts, and basic construction equipment
- Interpret mechanical requirements and calculate necessary dimensions
- Install fans, electric motors, pulleys, belts, conveyors, augers, etc.
- Erect or repair steel structures and vessels.
- Rework and rebuild hydraulic systems as required
- Make initial run on new or repaired equipment to ensure satisfactory performance
- Obtain and/or return tools, equipment, and supplies used on jobs.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition
- Instruct and guide underclassman and apprentices
- Work from ladders, scaffolds or aerial lifts up to sixty feet when required.
- Work from samples prints, sketches, specifications, and written or verbal instructions.
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Carry and lift loads between fifty and a hundred pounds.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills