Maintenance Technician Class 3
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36081
- Diagnose trouble, plan and perform all mechanical operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair, overhaul, and rebuild all types of very difficult and complicated production, plant machinery and equipment.
- Competently operate small cranes, telehandlers, forklifts, aerial lifts, and various construction equipment
- Develop and interpret mechanical requirements and calculate necessary dimensions
- Improvise expedients in emergency repairs.
- Install, troubleshoot or repair fans, electric motors, pulleys, belts, conveyors, augers, etc.
- Must be able to weld, torch cut, and fabricate
- Erect or repair steel structures and vessels.
- Rework and rebuild hydraulic systems as required
- Make initial run on new or repaired equipment to ensure satisfactory performance
- Obtain and/or return tools, equipment, and supplies used on jobs.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition
- Instruct and guide underclassman and apprentices
- Work from ladders, scaffolds or aerial lifts up to sixty feet when required.
- Work from samples prints, sketches, specifications, and written or verbal instructions.
- Work independently with minimum to no supervision
- Able to manage a small to medium crew in completing installations, repairs, or preventative maintenance
- Carry and lift loads between fifty and a hundred pounds.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills