Part Time Interpreter ASD-EHG R-3900-3909
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Talladega, AL 35161
Revised & Re-Advertised
R-3900 – R-3909
Posting Date: August 1, 2018
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Visually Impaired and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Part-Time Interpreter
Alabama School for the Deaf, E. H. Gentry, Office of Field Services
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Requisition Number Position ID Number Regional Center
R-3900 6160052 Shoals
R-3901 6260052 Huntsville
R-3902 6260052 Birmingham
R-3903 6460052 Talladega
R-3904 6560052 Tuscaloosa
R-3905 6760052 Montgomery
R-3906 6860052 Dothan
R-3907 6960052 Mobile
R-3908 2016556 Alabama School for the Deaf
R-3909 4216556 E.H. Gentry
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
• Must possess and maintain current Alabama Interpreter License or permit.
• Preference will be given to applicants with formal work experience in interpreting for the deaf.
• A minimum entry sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system (SCPI/SLPI). ADVANCED PLUS level must be obtained within thirty (30) months of employment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours (evening and weekends).
• Be able to demonstrate human relation skills to relate with staff and public.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
• Interpret for deaf, deaf/blind or hard of hearing individuals and groups in various school and/or community settings.
• Complete all necessary verification forms and other records.
• Turn in forms and other requested documentation to the Regional Director, Gentry Director, or ASD Principal in a timely manner.
Scale PH Rank 01 $15.64 per hour ALBIT recognized Provisional Permit
Scale PH Rank 02 $21.14 – $26.61 per hour ALBIT recognized Renewable Permit
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 27, 2019
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.