Operations Team - Merchandiser
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
The role of the Merchandising Team Associate is to drive store sales through the execution of in-store merchandising standards. As a “Brand Ambassador”, this role will partner closely with the operations, sales, and visual teams to ensure new receipts are merchandised in a way that aligns with our brand, appeals to our customer and encourages her to buy. Understanding company directives and the ability to interpret merchandise guidelines is key to success in this role.
• Brand Clarity: Merchandise new receipts on the sales floor following company guidelines while interpreting the directives to best align with the brand and your store architecture.
• Storytelling: Understand selling trends and merchandise departments in a way that follows company directives while also appealing to your customer’s preferences.
• Organization: Perform duties such as maintaining store standards, including rotation of products, displaying merchandise properly, pricing and signing, plan-o-gram integrity, and restocking as necessary.
• Team Focus: Assist in gathering and moving materials, merchandise, fixtures and equipment necessary for the assigned project work. Work proactively with others to complete projects.
• Peer Coach: Partner with store associates to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss new product and changes to presentation.
• Selling: Must be proficient in running the register and willing to jump in and sell during designated periods of high volume or low floor coverage.
• 1 Year in Merchandising and/or Visual Merchandising or comparable experience
• Available to work weekdays (generally between 6:00am – 2:00pm)
• Ability to stand most of the work day
• Ability to climb ladders to merchandise and set high wall areas
• Ability to move merchandise on the sales floor