Fine Jewelry Sales Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate executes the initiatives of the Fine Jewelry Division and is specifically responsible for the essential job functions listed below.
• Meet/exceed personal weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals
• Meet/exceed personal Elite Service Plan attachment rate goals
• Meet/exceed personal presale goals for specified presale events
• Meet/exceed personal repair sales dollar goals
• Meet/exceed Belk Rewards credit card solicitation goals
• Meet/exceed trunk show sales and appointment goals
• Meet/exceed Item Locator sales goals
• Develop clientele/customer base by asking each customer to complete a client profile card. Use customer cards to send thank you notes, notify customers of sales and special events and place telephone calls to drive Fine Jewelry sales and special events
• Assist customers in the selection of Fine Jewelry merchandise and offer complimentary items with each customer purchase
• Handle each customer transaction professionally, efficiently and accurately
• Complete minor repairs on Fine Jewelry to include removing watch links, changing watch batteries
• Maintain Fine Jewelry merchandising and visual standards, including departmental signing
• Maintain Fine Jewelry security standards to include keeping keys on or about person, showing only one piece of merchandise at a time, not leaving merchandise unattended and locking all showcases and safes behind you
• Complete diamond testing as required
• Check-in and replenish merchandise inside case lines. Pieces must be placed in same merchandise stories
• Prepare merchandise transfers and repairs to the RPC as scheduled
• Complete customer repair envelopes and follow-up with the Repair department to ensure customer estimates and repairs are completed in a timely manner
• Refer to Fine Jewelry Weekly Priorities and execute sale sets and operational tasks in a timely manner
• Follow all procedures for inventory counts, move to Clearance projects and re-ticketing
• Maintain Belk professional standards for dress attire and appearance
• Cooperate and collaborate with fellow associates, management and business partners
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, to include the Absenteeism and Tardiness policy
• Accept additional responsibilities and execute tasks as assigned by the Fine Jewelry Counter Manager, the Sales Team Manager and/or Store Management
• Must complete all required Fine Jewelry Training and pass quizzes with a minimum score of 8
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level :
Minimum Education & Experience:
• High school diploma
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Fine Jewelry experience preferred/ retail or sales experience required
Preferred Education & Experience:
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
• Ability to use keyboard, telephone, computer and other business related equipment
• Knowledge of diamonds: 4 C’s and the ability to discuss diamond product knowledge (features and benefits) during the sales presentation
• Physically stand during duration of shift
• Be able to bend and stoop as well as lift up to 30 lbs.
• Hand manipulation to complete watch and fine jewelry repairs
• Ability to distinguish between types of gemstones and gold/ sterling silver/ tungsten/ platinum.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays required) due to the needs of the Fine Jewelry Department
The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate reports directly to the Fine Jewelry Counter Manager and the Sales Team Manager. Additionally, reports indirectly to the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.