Shared Services Area Vice President Clinical - Cen
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Homewood, AL 35209
Shared Services Area Vice President Clinical – Central Alabama (19003640)
What will you do?
Responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- Performs comprehensive assessments and analysis of clinical process management in the care center and in delivery of patient care.
- Evaluates care center management of clinical personnel and adherence to company policies through interview and personnel record review.
- Recommends clinical process improvement methods and provides education for care center staff in the implementation of processes.
- Provides direction for care center staff regarding the performance improvement process, assists care center leadership in the development of corrective action plans to improve performance.
- Provides support, direction and feedback to staff during the clinical and compliance processes.
- Communicates with Corporate Compliance any reportable findings or issues identified in a care center that would potentially put a patient or the Company at risk.
- Develops and facilitates education based on care center and region assessment findings.
- Reviews with care center leadership and drives improvement of clinical aspects of documentation requirements and the reimbursement process.
- Expert resource to the care center and region leadership regarding Medicare conditions of participation, company policy, and Medicare management.
- Provides support for care centers during State/accreditation surveys.
- Provides assistance/oversight for care center clinician orientation, provides/oversees clinical manager orientation and support. Works with the corporate and regional leadership in identifying opportunities for additional or needed training and provides it.
- Participate in interview/hiring clinical and care center leadership positions (e.g., clinical managers and directors of operations).
- Responsible to ensure corporate and regional clinician initiatives are implemented as requested/applicable.
- Directs quarterly quality assurance / performance improvement (QA/PI) activities.
- Communicates findings to care center and region leadership and acts as a resource regarding policy interpretation, process improvement and follow-up actions required.
- Provides education on Company policy, clinical process and procedures. Ensures that all staff understands their responsibility with regard to the improvement plan. Provides follow-up to validate timely resolution of action items.
- Works with care center to develop and analyze indicators identifying trends in the delivery of care and clinical operations efficiencies. Provides guidance and direction for care center management and staff on matters affecting the delivery of services to patients.
1. Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Therapist.
2. Five (5 ) years’ clinical experience, with at least two (2 ) years in management/supervisory capacity in Home Health or Hospice industry.
3. Strong knowledge of Medicare COP (Conditions of Participation).
4. Multi-state licensure (required within 6 months of hire), as applicable.
5. OASIS certification (required within 6 months of hire).
6. Excellent presentation/communication skills, both written and verbal.
1. Licensed RN.
2. Experience with State/CMS Survey process.
3. Experience with use of Homecare Homebase and Electronic Medical Record applications.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.