Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
The CSR is primarily responsible for providing outstanding customer service and operational oversight for customers by utilizing highly, in depth knowledge of customer products, procedures and processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Service Representative performs to the following tasks:
• Manage inventory control and quality assurance for customer products
• Establish rapport with customers and interact to ensure open communication for problem resolution
• Provide timely feedback to customers regarding service failures or any other concerns
• Exercise discretion in inventory situations to ensure orders are received or shipped complete
• Address all customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
• Make decisions and dictate to Operations what priorities are and flow of work to be accomplished
• Complete sample process to include cutting samples, packaging, and inputting shipment tracking information into Infor
• Handle irate customers in a professional manner
• Audit inbound/outbound orders to ensure accuracy
• Communicates with the supervisors, co-workers. planners, vendors, carriers, by phone and email
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day and lifting rubber bails in excess of 50 pounds.
The performance of this position requires exposure to the warehouse areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and foot protection. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.