Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoover, AL 35242
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The Branch Director supervises the provision of therapeutic services provided by the Agency and contributes to the overall company success by effectively managing the Agency’s clinical operations, services, personnel performance, and office management on an ongoing basis.
- Supervise the day-to-day office and clinical operations (including ensuring daily and weekly tasks are completed even during staff absences).
- Monitor office staff action screens daily.
- Supervision of overall operations including but not limited to:
- Generate monthly On-call Schedule
- Review of On-call Log
- Review and follow up on complaint forms and all QI reports
- Onsite supervision of RN and PT Case Managers
- Provision of monthly Aide in-services, general staff meetings and monthly case manager meetings.
- Complete the Weekly Agency Audit Report for the previous Sunday through Saturday.
- Complete weekly chart audit and maintain in appropriate notebook.
- Be competent with the State and Federal survey process and ensure that the agency as a whole and all the agency staff are prepared for on-site surveys and other external audits.
- Function in the capacity of a staff nurse when necessary.
- Take administrative on-call as a support to the on-call nurse and to provide software management related to processing intakes, reviewing evaluation packets, and scheduling, moving, reassigning visits to ensure the smooth function of the Agency during off hours.
- Review and approve accounts payable and ensure submission to the home office per protocol.
- Ensure that end of episode billing is completed timely and outstanding claims are kept to a minimum; goal is10% of revenue or less.
- Ensure deficiencies related to internal audit findings are addressed and corrected per action plans.
- Review and approve Non-Visit Activity daily to ensure timeliness of payroll processing and management of employee activity.
- Participate in the Agency Disaster Planning.
- Ensure that the client’s plan of care is individualized and appropriate, executed as written and reassessed by the appropriate health care processional when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition, at the physician’s request and after hospital discharge. Ensure appropriate documentation is completed for all patients transferred to an inpatient facility.
- Complete review of evaluation packets, OASIS and 485s. Review both the data submitted via the Mobile Device and via paper to ensure accuracy and follow up on any documentation requires correction. Process the OASIS and 485, verify the correct start of care date and episode date range in HCHB. Process any unlisted supplies, medications, activity, functional limitations, allergies, etc. that appear on the action screen.
- Follow up on OASIS Assessments that cannot be processed due to Licensed Professional documentation deficiencies.
- Follow up on all referrals, through admission and billing processes, in which Medicare is not the primary… For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.