Full-Time Estimator - Tuscaloosa, AL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
Job ID:? 152826
Coral Industries a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of quality architectural and shower enclosure products in North America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure department safety procedures are being observed. Report any equipment issues to maintenance and the Plant Manager.
- Create stock length cost proposals for customers based on elevation take-offs, using our price book and computer software
- Write orders, purchase requisitions, metal requests, credits and MRA?s
- Provide pricing of change orders and backorders to insure accurate invoicing
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner.??Work from architectural drawings and specifications, shop drawings or elevation take-offs
- Follow up on estimates and provide feedback concerning market pricing levels
- Enter orders, door fab sheets, metal requests, and assist walk-in customers
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, sales force and internal personnel
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence and other project specific information
- Assist with phone coverage
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.?The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.?Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Ability to learn how to read, interpret, & understand architectural drawings and specifications and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions
- Ability to use computer software estimating programs to prepare estimates
- Ability to obtain knowledge of aluminum glazing systems & their applications
- Ability to obtain a good working knowledge of fabrication and installation, in order to have a good understanding of customer needs
- Ability to obtain knowledge of custom door hardware application and pricing
- Strong geometry & math skills
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, phones, prioritize workload & work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively & conduct themselves professionally; excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers
- Issued safety equipment
- This position is largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when listing files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back, and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation
- Primarily works in an office environment with controlled climate
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an off
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO