Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
Job Tracking ID: 85347-288215
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: June 18, 2019
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Primary assistant to the Government Program Support Specialist supporting a Project Management Office with over 400 assigned personnel. Supports the planning, oversight, and management of comprehensive manpower and organizational analysis for a wide diversity of organizations, functions, and work processes. Provides innovative, professional, management consultant capabilities to continually improve mission effectiveness, resource efficiency, and resource savings. Develop strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the Government customer mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identifying and studying the relevant elements of an issue, determining interrelationships of data collected, identifying potential courses of action, and when possible independently determining and executing the most effective solution.
- Collecting, compiling, and tracking data and statistical information from existing data bases.
- Coordinating incoming data from a variety of sources, reviewing documents for omissions and inconsistencies, and ensuring data is complete and accurate.
- Timekeeping (leave & payroll), routing official communications, maintaining files, recommend changes in policy, answer phones, and other office and records administration functions.
- Serve as an analyst and advisor to management on the evaluation of the effectiveness of Government programs and operations or the productivity and efficiency of the management of Federal agencies or both.
- Provide line managers with objectively based information for making decisions on the administrative and programmatic aspects of agency operations and management.
- Analyze and evaluate (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Research and investigate new or improved business and management practices for application to agency programs or operations.
- Assist in creating personnel requisitions; fill vacancies.
- Process, edit, and track military and civilian performance awards.
- Process, edit, and track military and civilian evaluations.
- Monitor travel authorizations and settlements.
- Track training, education, and certification status of assigned personnel to ensure compliance with agency policies.
- Schedule training events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience Microsoft Office Applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience with ATAAPS and DTS
- Ability to work with limited supervision, be a self-starter, and able to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field.
- 5+ years related professional work experience
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience:
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date : ASAP
Kratos is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. Kratos is committed to America’s veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.