Heavy Equipment Technician / Mechanic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35758
Did you know there is a shortage of skilled technicians in the United States? Individuals with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment are among the most in demand in the workforce. Many of our most successful employees began their careers as Service Technicians. Our customers depend on our ability to fix it right the first time. Thompson Tractor Company is proud to represent Caterpillar, the world’s .#1 brand of construction, power generation, and material handling equipment. If you have what it takes to meet the high standards of a Caterpillar Technician apply online today to join our team.
The Technician is responsible for performing jobs involving servicing and repair of equipment, working both independently and on a team. The candidate must be able to evaluate and repair earth moving equipment. Extensive on the job training, classroom instruction, and e-learning must be successfully completed to remain in the technician training program. The Technician will demonstrate initiative, commitment to team work, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. The Technician will advance in Classification as attitude, skill level, and job performance allows.
Essential Job Functions
- Adheres to and follows all applicable and required safety standards and procedures
- Plans and performs minor repairs using correct tools and procedures
- Orders and return parts for assigned jobs in timely manner
- Ability to perform the following tasks on basic components in work area including engine, hydraulic, transmission, and electrical components: remove and install; disassemble and reassemble; perform minor adjustments
- Ability to perform Preventive Maintenance service according to factory guidelines
- Demonstrates proper use of service information systems
- Works as helper in field service with experienced Technician as required
- Works independently in the field as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is normally performed in a Service Department shop or on location of customer job sites. Exposure to physical risk and all weather conditions is associated with this position. Standing on hard surfaces for extended periods of time is often required.
Physical requirements include:
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Climbing on ladders
- Climbing on equipment
- Crawling under equipment
High School or Equivalent or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver’s License Personal
Commercial Drivers Lic.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will… For full info follow application link.
EEO/AA employer including individuals with disabilities and veterans.