Manager, Information Technology (Microsoft Server Support)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Auburn, AL 36849
Req Nbr 28438
Job Title Manager, Information Technology (Microsoft Server Support)
Department/Organization Office of Information Technology Admin
Salary Grade 37
Salary Range $68,700 – $114,500
Job Summary The Office of Information Technology is seeking applicants for the position of Manager, Microsoft Server Support. This position reports to the Director of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Storage and High-Performance Computing and manages Microsoft server support staff and application resources in physical and virtual environments utilizing VMware and Hyper-V Hypervisors, Enterprise Storage and Cloud technologies.
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Manages both complex and routine projects. Frequently interfaces with constituents, including management and/or internal teams to ensure quality, timeliness, and testing of all project/release work
2. Manages, coordinates and evaluates human resources in support of Microsoft Server Support group objectives and OIT’s mission
3. Participates in the definition, coordination and support of OIT’s Microsoft solutions
4. Leads technology strategy while maintaining detailed knowledge of the current technologies and infrastructure
5. Maintains a thorough understanding of group service offerings and billing rates while working directly with customers and OIT accounting staff.
6. Maintains internal and external customer relationships in support of the group’s service catalog.
7. Coordinates group projects and serves as a liaison with OIT project management.
Auburn residents overwhelmingly rate the city as a great place to live, work and raise children, but don’t just take their word for it. Forbes has consistently ranked Auburn on its lists for Best Places to Retire and Best Small Places for Business and Careers. Auburn City Schools have consistently been ranked among the top public school systems in the state and nation.
Auburn University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits package that attracts and retains talent to further the University’s mission and contributes to the personal and financial well-being of employees and their families. Employee Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance/Personal Accident Coverage, Disability Group & Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans, Auburn University Federal Credit Union, Bookstore Discounts, Tiger Perks discounts on dining, shopping and entertainment, Travel Assistance (Domestic and International), and Educational Improvements for Employees and Dependents.
Minimum Qualifications Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, and five (5) years or more experience in management, project planning, and budgeting.
Must have knowledge of the specification, acquisition, provisioning and management of Microsoft Resources utilizing VMware and Hyper-V Hypervisors and Cloud Technologies.
Must have knowledge of information technology principles and applications, IT system management methodologies, and new technologies.
Please utilize the attachment feature at the online employment site to attach the following: cover letter, resume and contact information of at least three professional references. Only applicants who submit all the requested information will be considered for review.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to building an inclusive and diverse community.
Desired Qualifications 1. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems in physical and virtual environments
2. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory integration including authentication and Microsoft applications: MS-SQL, IIS, SharePoint ,Group Policy (GPO), and domain best practices
3. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Virtual Machine Provisioning, Management and Backup
4. Knowledge of Enterprise Storage Technologies including File Sharing and Block storage including ISCSI and Fiber Channel storage area networks (SAN)
5. Knowledge of Server Hardware and Microsoft clustering
6. Knowledge of TCP/IP communication protocols, common service ports, and best security practices
7. Proficient in PowerShell
8. Experience with Azure
9. Knowledge of multifactor authentication integration
Posting Date 06-17-2019
Close Date 06-27-2019
Job Class Code MA04
Job Category Administrative Grade 34 and above
Quicklink for Posting www.auemployment.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=193733