Liaison Engineering Supervisor--Section Chief (011
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mobile, AL 36615
- 11-Jan-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
During manufacture, completion and flight tests, because of human involvement or machine malfunction, errors will occur. Engineering Liaison is an engineering organization with the responsibility and authority to support Manufacturing while providing communication with the other engineering specialists groups.
Reporting directly to the A220 Mobile Head of Technical Functions, the jobholder will be managing a team of engineering professionals responding to non-conformance reports, and ensure that aircraft meets the safety, continuous aircraft airworthiness aspects, reliability, schedule and economical program requirements, in line with internal and external customer expectations.
In your role, you will:
- Interact efficiently with other engineering and non-engineering groups; in addition to offering day-to-day MRB (Material Review Board) support;
- Manage the Liaison engineering team performance and ensure deliverables are delivered on time, within budget to satisfy operations expectations;
- Engage with engineering teams offsite to resolve key technical issues, and ensure cross functional teams are focused on timely resolution;
- Initiate task forces/projects in order to resolve important or re-occurring technical issues with the help of engineering employees from other sites;
- Support the delivery process by providing technical expertise to delivery teams and external customers;
- Guide your team in participating in the corrective action system, by suggesting design changes;
- Manage your team to ensure adequate coverage/support to production, in a work environment that may require coverage on second shift and on week-ends;
- Support the team, during the FAL start-up phase, by evaluating qualification needs, and initiating appropriate training sessions (on site and in other FAL sites);
- Identify gaps in performance and implement corrective actions to ensure achievement of objectives;
- Establish, coordinate and promote exchange of information and collaboration between Mobile and other FAL… For full info follow application link.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.