Home Health Aide - PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Reform, AL 35481
Home Health Aide – PRN (19004971)
What You Will Do:
As a home health aide for Amedisys you will provide one on one personal care to patients in their home setting using a patient specific care plan to facilitate the patient’s self-care and independence with activities of daily living. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will work independently while having the direction, support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Provide personal care which includes bathing and personal hygiene.
- Reads and records vital signs such as reading of temperature, pulse and respiration and/or blood pressure.
- Assists the patient with ambulation, transfers, and positioning or prescribed exercises as instructed by the registered nurse or a therapist.
- Prepares medically prescribed nutrition and fluids and may perform other homemaking or environmental services as required.
- Document and report progress of patient’s health and condition using required reports and established timelines.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting and has not had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensation since last competency training.
- Current state certification as a nurse assistant, nurse aide, certified home health aide or proof of registry as required by state, if applicable
- Home Health Aide (HHA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions of Participation found in 42CFR 484.36. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of the agency. Additionally, upon hire, HHAs will have received at least 75-hours of training, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 484.36(a)
- Current CPR certification
- Transportation access to and from work assignments. In instances where employee performs tasks that require the use of their automobile, evidence of current driver’s license and required liability insurance.
- California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington D.C., Wisconsin and Wyoming
- Current state certification as a nurse assistant preferred unless required by the state in which the employee is assigned to work
- Previous home health or hospice experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.