Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
This position performs commercial and residential installations, completes repairs, terminates service, and relocates existing equipment.
• Performs the installation of customer service drops or outlets in a manner that is courteous, professional, and in accordance with Cable One policy and procedures, along with specification compliance in the National Electrical Code (NEC)-Article 820, and in the applicable sections of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC).
• Uses electronic test equipment and online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and resolve all problems from the customer-owned equipment to the output of the first distribution amplifier.
• Terminates cable, data and telephony services in a manner that is in compliance with Cable One policies and procedures.
• Assures proper upstream and downstream signal levels at each termination on the customer’s premises.
• Relocates customer service drops or outlets in a manner that is in compliance with all Cable One policies and procedures.
• Monitor and record incidences of system and drop leakage.
• Performs after-hours network stand-by, troubleshooting and repair.
• Operates and maintains vehicle, tools, test equipment and other company owned equipment in accordance with system guidelines and procedures.
• Educates customers as to the proper operation of all services, equipment, and home terminal units (HTU’s) and customer owned equipment.
• Seeks the opportunity to initiate the sale of new cable services, or upgrades of existing services and additional outlets.
• Collects payments and obtains appropriate customer acknowledgements in accordance with Cable One cash handling policies via electronic work order and routing system (WFM) and other methods as required.