Cyber Security Analyst HR8248
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
The position of the Cyber Security Engineer requires a candidate who can manage a classified Department of Defense (DoD) authorized network and ensure compliance with information assurance/cybersecurity requirements according to the Risk Management Framework (RMF). Duties of the position include conducting risk assessments and providing recommendations, ensuring STIG compliance on Windows and Linux systems, performing system audits and administration functions, providing IT support to the Government/contractor team, and supporting the RMF accreditation process as required.
The candidate will oversee, evaluate, and support the documentation, verification & validation, and authorization processes necessary to assure that government systems meet the RMF Cybersecurity standards and requirements for DoD systems. Ensure compliance to governing documents and security policies and assist in regulatory periodic assessments. Conduct risk assessments and provide recommendations for secure implementation and compliance in accordance with government regulations and information assurance/cybersecurity guidelines.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting compliance status
• Conduct continuous monitoring of the system security
• Analyze cyber security requirements
• Conduct vulnerability scans using ACAS and SCAP, push patches and updates, mitigate vulnerabilities
• Ensure system architectural designs are functional and secure
• Work closely with team to provide analysis, evaluations, and recommendations based on design to promote an economical, efficient, and effective security program
• Work closely with systems engineering through development and testing activities to ensure a thorough understanding of the security posture
• Provide cyber security expertise for engineering, configuration control, and status meetings
• Evaluate the architecture and provide guidance on secure hardware and software configurations
• Ensure systems meet RMF policies and procedures
• Maintain required artifacts in support of RMF specific to each project
• Provide inputs for monthly reports
• Coordinate with cyber security team as required to maintain Interim Authority to Test (IATT) or Authority to Operate (ATO)