Maintenance Technician for Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
The role of a Plant Maintenance Technician is to participate in the Total and Preventive Maintenance (TPM) for all equipment and facilities. The main missions of the role are to:
• Install, repair and maintain all equipment and facilities
• Analyse mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality
• Try out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
• Record operational data, such as pressure readings, length of stroke, feeds and speeds for use in set-up and preventive maintenance records
• Review production schedule and, when equipment is not scheduled for production, perform scheduled maintenance
• Participate in Production Ssystem Efficiency and Quality System Efficiency workshops to support continuous improvement: propose and implement continuous productivity, process and quality improvement actions for all facilities
• Facilitate equipment moves on the shop floor
• Give advice on technical specifications of new equipment and alterations on existing equipment and facilities, making sure manufacturing, maintainability and Health, Safety & Environmental requirements are met
• Set up requisitions for supplies, equipment and facilities
• Participate in the management of the inventory of spare parts and consumables to eliminate downtime
• Keep up to date documentation related to maintenance
• All other duties assigned.