Market Accounting Manager (982920)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Homewod, AL 35209
• Perform comprehensive analytical reviews of facility-level financial statements and summarize key trends, performance measures, and financial results for management-reporting purposes
• Manage, develop and mentor market accountants, developing knowledge bases within the team and serving as a market “expert” in the identification and resolution of facility-related accounting issues and questions
• Assist in the creation/maintenance of an “achievement” team culture—customer-focused, proactive communication and dissemination of information, career/goal development for team, focus on team-building, recognition of team efforts/accomplishments, etc.
• Review of financial data for assigned facilities (including balance sheet reconciliations, financials, and various entries) to ensure timely and accurate preparation and delivery, as well as appropriate level of internal controls
• Continuous review of internal processes for enhanced efficiencies and work product quality, and ensure continued alignment of accounting duties with the operating model
• Assist management with oversight of special projects and/or ad hoc reporting needs
• Development and maintenance of quality relationships with home-office and facility teammates
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to align expectations and partner on the delivery of financial information
Total education, vocational training and experience:
• BS in Accounting required • CPA preferred
• 5 + years experience in corporate or public accounting; healthcare experience preferred
• 2 + years management experience preferred
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and time management skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.