H60M Avionics Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
H60M Avionics Engineer
+ Log in
Find similar career opportunities
H60M Avionics Engineer
City: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Position ID: J0619-2119
Employment Type: Full Time
H-60M Avionics Engineer as part of the Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) member responsibilities include:
• Performing detailed engineering analysis and engineering studies of H-60M hardware and software efforts.
• Applying System Engineering processes in the design, development, integration, testing, verification and validation of H-60M hardware and software efforts.
• Developing requirements and performing verification analysis.
• Developing engineering recommendations to support design decisions and minimize project risks.
• Documenting, analyzing and tracking technical risks.
• Providing engineering support to multiple IPTs and working independently with little supervision.
• Ensuring airworthiness requirements for the UH/HH-60M aircraft are maintained.
• Ensuring engineering decisions minimize or eliminate H-60M hardware and software hazards.
• Preparing technical materials for presentations, training materials, white papers, etc.
• Resolving technical issues or challenges related to design implementation and/or qualification.
• Develop obsolescence mitigation strategies that enable path for capability growth
• Assist in developing roadmap for 60M integration of future and near-term software & hardware components/subsystems/systems
Other duties include:
• Notifying UH-60M management of issues as required.
• Performing engineering “due diligence” to ensure all courses of action are considered.
• Participating as an IPT member for other UHPO efforts.
Experience & Technical Knowledge:
• Knowledge of Black Hawk helicopters and their systems, subsystems and components
• Be cognizant of pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and precedents; and of the major issues, program goals and objectives, and work processes of the organizations supported, as well as relationships with other programs within DA
• Knowledge of project management, contract actions such as Statements of Work (SOW), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Risk Assessment and Management and Integrated Master Schedules.
Skills, Competencies and Abilities:
• Ability to manage complex development and engineering projects, work effectively with others and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Advise top managers of substantive program risk or unusual problems characterized by their breadth, importance, or severity; plans, organizes, and directs the work of integrated product teams to conducting comprehensive program planning, cost estimation and execution.
• Application of the principles, practices, and theories of engineering fundamentals to include but not limited to system engineering, reliability, maintainability, diagnostics principles, hardware and software integration.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.