IT Help Desk Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
We are looking for a competent Help desk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will work tickets on technical issues and use remote tools to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and effect a permanent solution. They must also be confident, customer-oriented and patient to deal with customers who are in the middle of emotional outages.
Our ideal candidate would also have outstanding troubleshooting skills.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve BIS’ relationship, reputation and business.
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Seek direction from the next level of support personnel in a timely manner
• Provide accurate information on IT products or services
• Record events and problems and their resolution in service tickets
• Follow-up and update customer status and information to keep tickets within parameters
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Continuously learn about our current solution stack and develop knowledge about
trending ideas in the IT space
Use our extensive remote tools to solve issues for customers
• Documenting work and recording details