Aircraft Servicer (LSF0016_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
Services aircraft, performing any combination of the following tasks. Directs incoming and outgoing aircraft near flight line to assist pilot’s maneuvering of the aircraft on ground, using hand or light signals or drives light truck with guiding sign. Secures aircraft in parking position with blocks and stakes. Operates service vehicles to replenish fuel, oil, water, waste system chemicals, OXYGEN, hydraulic fluid, and to remove waste. Checks for fuel contamination by draining sumps and fuel drains. Operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply and engine starting units. Examines tires for specified air pressure and condition. Removes and replaces defective tires. Positions and removes boarding platforms to unload or load aircraft passengers. Cleans exterior or interior of aircraft, using platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, and vacuum. May deice aircraft wings and assemblies. Performs aircraft ground movement as a member of an aircraft tow team.
• Ground handling/movement (Towing) of aircraft. Assisting mechanics in the servicing of aircraft.
This position does not have direct reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Must be able to follow directions.
• Ability to climb on top of and down from aircraft using aircraft hand/foot holds, capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. overhead, stand all day, walk up to 4 miles per day.
• Knowledge of simplistic tasks associated with servicing aircraft.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years related experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Government SECURITY CLEARANCE.
• Must be able to pass all required physical exams
• Technical or Military School preferred
• A & P CERTIFICATE a plus
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, NATIONAL origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all or job openings, visit us ONLINE at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.