Aviation Materials Supervisor (YUL0217_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
The Aviation Materials Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day activities of their assigned department while ensuring that customer expectations regarding cost, schedule and performance for all logistical products are met or exceeded. This person manages all aspects of the following: the tool room, hazmat, bench stock, and shop stock operations.
• Interviews, hires, completes performance reviews, counsels and disciplines employees.
• Executes resource management.
• Enforces Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
• Evaluates and updates employee training requirements.
• Implements change and promotes continual improvement.
• Manages logistical products quality assurance.
• Analyzes, formulates and reports quality metrics to executive management and customers.
• Interacts with other team members, including managers from other departments.
• Assists supervisors and managers with risk management.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position has direct reports and supervisory responsibilities for the functional areas within the Aviation Modifications: tool room, hazmat, bench stock, and shop stock operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Understands the Army supply system and have a functioning knowledge of AR 710-2 Supply Policy
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Army procurement, inventory management, shipping, receiving, transportation, storage, turn-in, property accountability, supply procedures and regulations.
• Must have working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9110 and AS9100 Quality Management System.
• Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure MANUALS.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff.
• Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform; general decisions are made to solve a problem or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation. Ability to write complex and technical reports and correspondence.
• Must be trustworthy.
• Effective oral and technical written communication skills to concisely communicate complex information in high pressure, emergency situations to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and PROCEDURES.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple activities simultaneously and successfully function in a cross functional development environment.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience working within the supply system
• Minimum of 5 years supply supervisory experience.
• Must demonstrate supervisory knowledge of current Army STAMIS.
• Ability to maintain a government security clearance.
• Ability to pass BACKGROUND and drug screening.
• Bachelor’s Degree in management, production management, aviation maintenance, professional aeronautics with technical specializations or aviation logistics.
• Previous Logistics Management experience.
• Previous DoD experience.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, NATIONAL origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us ONLINE at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.