Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36107
Jacobs is seeking a junior\-level water engineer with a positive attitude; excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills; and a willingness to support our existing teams\.
This position performs a variety of engineering work in the planning and design phases related to water and wastewater projects\. The ideal candidate has basic knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories in treatment processes including wastewater liquid stream processes, solids management processes and odor emissions and control\. He/she has a general understanding of the role of effective team dynamics and industry practice and standards\.
Our Wastewater Engineers:
- Work in an effective team environment, learning and taking instruction from mid and senior staff
- Project work could include technical evaluations in support of water and wastewater conveyance \(pumps, pipelines, tanks\), liquids and solids treatment systems, water supply planning, master plans, and wastewater resources planning\.
- Must have the ability to work with clients and client service managers to help procure projects\.
- Work will be reviewed for quality and as part of a mentoring process\.
- Field activities such as sampling and routine testing or observation of construction activities may be required\.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering with an environmental engineering specialty or a related engineering discipline\.
- A minimum of 2 year of experience or equivelant in post graduate studies
- Position requires excellent oral and written communications, self\-motivation, team\-oriented work practices, strong data analysis & technical problem solving, strong organizational skills, multitasking ability and excellent computer skills\.
- Process and hydraulic modeling, programming, and GIS experience is highly desirable\.
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering with an environmental engineering specialty or a related engineering discipline\.
- EIT and Graduate level research in water or wastewater treatment
- Experience with wastewater process modeling, wastewater residuals processes, and odor emissions and control\.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills\.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\. Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Alabama\-Montgomery
Req ID: BI 0005WQ