Barista (ZZAJ) - Starbucks on Bryant - University of Alabama
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Job Summary: Baristas work in the beverage retail locations and take orders, prepare the order, and complete the financial transaction with the customer.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Greet customer as they approach the cash register
• Maintain a positive and polite attitude with customers throughout the transaction
• Take customer orders and prepare orders according to brand specifications and the customer’s request
• Must have knowledge of menu items and recipes to effectively service the customer
• Effectively and efficiently complete financial transactions
• Maintain balance of the cash drawer at all times
• Distribute and post marketing materials as required
• Maintain daily temperature logs
• Adhere to additional standards set by designated brand; i.e. Starbucks and/or Java City
• Proper use of station machinery and equipment
• Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
• Maintain a neat and clean beverage station and a presentable work area
• Assist management team with administrative functions and daily food prep during down times
• Daily use of appropriate PPE for the task assigned
• Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical MSDS book and its contents
• Report all injuries immediately to your manager/supervisor
Additional Job Functions:
• Cross-train in other areas as required by your manager
• Work in other areas and departments as necessary
• Complete any task requested by a supervisor or member of the ARAMARK management team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibility.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and understand directions
• Must be able to understand safety rules, ARAMARK Alcohol Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
• Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
• Great customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Possesses good time management with daily tasks required by the management team
• Math skills for counting money and providing correct change
• Knowledge of running a cash register, and credit card machine transactions
• Successful completion of the ARAMARK Hourly Food Handlers training within the first 30 days of employment
• Experience in the food service industry as a barista(smoothie) food service worker
• Front-of-house barista station
• Occasionally requires inside kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other risk conditions
• Brew Station
• Cash Register
• Credit Card Machine
• Espresso Machine
Little or No Travel (>10%)
MEDIUM: Frequent lifting and / or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Objects weighing more than 25 pounds require assistance through use of the buddy system.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.