Water Reclamation Facility Operator III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35203
Work involves the collection and testing of wastewater samples which requires a basic knowledge of chemistry, biology and analytical procedures, and the ability to interpret the results of these tests. Work also involves operating, monitoring and performing preventive maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant to ensure plant effluent meets local, state and federal guidelines for purity. Employees in this class normally work independently. Work is prescribed by standard methods and is reviewed by the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) Supervisor or Manager.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Conducts preventative maintenance techniques on WWTP operating equipment to ensure proper and safe plant operations.
- Maintains plant equipment by replacing, rotating and cleaning clarifiers, presses, belts, pits, pumps, basins, UV module, sand filter system, etc.
- Collects samples, conducts field and lab tests, performs laboratory tests, records calculations and test results and transposes results into monthly operating reports for submission.
- Performs detailed inspections of the wastewater flow and the operating equipment and make necessary adjustments to ensure proper functioning.
- Regulates plant processes depending on various settings, flow movement and other variables.
- Gathers information from plant equipment and gauges, records readings and reports any malfunctions.
- Maintains plant grounds by cleaning floors, walkways, buildings, removing trash and debris and performing repairs as necessary.