Chief Personal Property Appraiser
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35203
Work involves planning, directing, and coordinating the work of employees in the personal property section of the Tax Assessor Office assuring all property is properly assessed and classified. Work is reviewed for technical soundness, adherence to laws, policies and procedures by State Examiners.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Advises and/or consults with others to obtain or convey information.
- Gathers, examines and disseminates evidence in response to legal issues (e.g., protests and court cases) and complaints.
- Conducts protest hearings with citizen or businesses related to initial appraisal(s).
- Develops or assists in the development, interpretation and/or implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, budgets and/or laws.
- Oversees departmental activities including giving and/or receiving training, assigning, reviewing and/or approving work, motivating, evaluating and providing performance feedback.