Aircraft Quality Inspector (LSF0018_COMPANY_1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
The Aviation Technical Inspector performs initial, in-progress and final inspections of full aircraft systems, sub-assemblies, critical parts including and not limited to Modifications, Repair, Overhaul and Corrections of Military and Civilian aircraft actions that involve flight safety and ensure that all quality objectives are met prior to release to next step or final release to the Customer
• Review or prepare modification / installation / maintenance instructions to ensure Quality Objectives are defined and followed
• Assist maintenance / modification personnel in interpretation / implementation of modification / installation / maintenance instruction pertaining to aviation safety functions
• Perform aviation technical inspections
• Research, read and interpret drawings, applicable revisions, technical MANUALS and directives. Provide clear, concise, technically accurate instructions based on interpretations
• Assist maintenance personnel in interpretation and implementation of modification / maintenance instruction and Composite Lab
• Monitor and mentor team members assigned, ensuring timely and correct inspection processes and data entries
• Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
• Examine maintenance records and flight logs to determine if service and maintenance checks and overhauls were performed at the prescribed intervals
• Recommend replacement, repair, or medication of aircraft equipment
• Recommend changes in rules, policies, standards, based on knowledge of operating conditions, aircraft improvement and other factors
• The Aircraft Quality Inspector may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
• Maintain technical publications, forms and records relative to aircraft maintenance and related directives.
• Administer and monitor aircraft weight and balance programs.
• Initiate and follow up on Quality deficiency reports.
• Must be prepared to do 30% to 50% travel to on site locations in CONUS and OCONUS on short notices
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
Personnel with extra ordinary performance record of making a difference and leadership skills will be considered for position as a Lead with the potential of further upward mobility to be a Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Advanced computer skills specifically using MICROSOFT OFFICE Suite such as Word, Excel, Power Point; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs and to be able to log on Military data bases to update aircraft records.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc.
• Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
• Effective oral and technical written communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate complex information to others as well as to present information in front of a group.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
• Ability to follow a process with the ability to work in difficult situations involving decisions.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas, verify compliance with workmanship, quality of work, evaluate processes and documentation prior to acceptance.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
• Must be able to work independently and stay on task with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task and work as a Team, establish camaraderie, be proactive and demonstrate positive attitude.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent with 6 years of experience in aircraft maintenance; 2 years of experience in rotary or fixed wing aircraft inspection under TAMMS.
• Previous experience as a Quality Control Inspector with additional skills of having worked in a FAA Part 145 Repair Station. Preference will be given to previous certifications in Soldering, Crimping, CARC Painting, Heat Treatment, and Composite Work, Non Destructive Inspection (Dye Pen, Mag Particle, and Eddy Current) is preferred.
• May require knowledge of and experience performing maintenance on the following aircraft: UH-60 A/L, UH-60 M, 407, 206, OH-58, AH 64 D, AH-64E, CH-47 F, MC-130J, HC-130, C-130, C-26, EC-145, EC-135, LUH-72, UC-35, 407, V22, AH-IF, COBRA, APACHE
• Completed a military aircraft repairer school of any of the following aircraft (H-47D/F/G, H-60A/L/M, OH-58D, UH-1, AH-64A/D,) is preferred.
• FAA A&P or FCC License Required
• Safety Officer, AWBS, ULLS/A, SCP 6 and Military training preferred
• Able to review modification workbooks, logbooks and other maintenance records to determine the completeness and accuracy of the documents
• Ability to pass a drug and BACKGROUND SCREENING
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, NATIONAL origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us ONLINE at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.