Weekends / On-Call Security Guard
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35205
Position: Weekends / On-Call Security Guard
Job Id: 3516
.# of Openings: 1
Weekends / On-Call Security Guards, Birmingham, AL
Guards will perform duties related to the enforcement of security regulations and procedures to protect Southern Research Institute personnel, customers, visitors, information, property and other assets. Must be willing to work additional hours as needed in an emergency or personnel shortage.
This position is an On-Call type position, which requires working various hours at short notice. When not available to work for any reason, prior notice must be provided with 14 days notice. Due to the responsibilities of the on-call status, that after three times of not being available to work or combination of inability to be reached by telephone (within 24hours) you will be consider no longer on-call and subsequently self-terminate your position at Southern Research.
- Ability to be on-call for duty.
- Responsible for maintaining a secured facility to include monitoring access, checking identification and monitoring deliveries as appropriate. This also includes monitoring the city sidewalks and roads surrounding the Institute.
- Must enforce compliance with Institute Parking Policy and address those that are illegally parked and creating safety hazards.
- Creates and maintains a sense of safety and security on the worksite.
- Understands what to do in all emergency situations.
- Facility surveillance: Patrols the Southside / ERC Campus in a vehicle, on foot, or monitors surveillance from a fixed stationary post. When scheduled duty is at the front desk, must monitor the electronic surveillance system continuously for intruders. During each scheduled shift, will be required to make rounds stopping at each “key in” station. Detects breaches in security and contacts appropriate authorities. Maintains detailed and accurate reports on each shift. Must lock and unlock doors and turn off lights during certain shifts. Maintains dependable vigilance at all times.
- Facility Access: Monitors and controls employee and non-employee access to all areas. Follows correct procedures for visitor and after-hour sign in.
- Emergency Response: Must understand and implement the incident response command system during an emergency. This includes the maintenance of Emergency Contact Information for all areas and knowing how to contact required individuals during an emergency. Cooperates with local authorities as needed. Must be able to obtain CPR/AED and PPCT (Levels of Force, Pepper Spray, Expandable Baton, and Hand Cuffing) Certifications.
- Alarm Response: Responds to internal and external alarms following all required procedures.
- Emergency Lighting: On a quarterly basis, responsible for checking emergency lights.
- Displays courtesy, tact and effectiveness in dealing with others.
- Must follow all specific procedures and directives identified in the “Guard Book”.
- Must notify the Security Manager and Lead Security Guard of any suspicions of and/ or security breeches.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize MS Office product suite (email, word, excel)
- Must possess and maintain a valid state… For full info follow application link.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity