Supervisor, Sterile Processing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35209
Job Title: Supervisor, Sterile Processing
Req ID: 16808
Job Category: Clinical Support, Operations & Education
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Provides on-site support, training, and communication regarding the reprocessing of surgical instruments and trays to contracted facilities in compliance with the Department of Health, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI and AORN standards and facilities goals and policies. Coordinates and manages day-to-day operations of SPD employees.
- Oversees and supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation including decontamination, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, sterilization, and storage processes within all set professional standards and regulations. Ensures proper operational procedures are followed by all members of the IMS team.
- Assumes responsibility, in collaboration with IMS SPD manager, for scheduling new IMS employee orientation, on-the-job training, in-service education and IMS or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
- Understands and promotes concepts of the Lean work environment.
- Communicates in a professional manner both verbally and in writing to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Exhibits professional behavior in all telephone and electronic communications.
- Represents IMS, self and profession positively in all public arenas.
- Practices within the scope of certification and job description.
- Supports and adheres to IMS policies and procedures and supports policies and procedures of facility.
- Refers all decisions beyond personal scope of responsibilities to IMS leadership.
- Coordinates the repair and replacement of broken instrumentation and equipment; may assist Clinical Operations Manager in order process.
- Adheres to IMS / facility dress requirements, is neat and well-groomed at all times.
Duties – cont’d
- Arrives at facility at the scheduled time and is consistently ready for work assignments.
- Schedules, leads, and participates in in-services and educational offerings provided by IMS in the facility.
- Promotes best demonstrated practices with co-workers through open communication and continuous improvement of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and IMS regarding identified problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all facility departments to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers.
- Answers and responds to calls from the OR and other end-users during and after regular business hours as required by the contract.
- Ensures timely delivery of sterilized instruments to appropriate storage locations or end-users.
- Demonstrates and ensures proper care and handling of all hospital property, including instrumentation, durable medical equipment and disposable supplies.
- Provides timely resolution to facility issues or concerns.
- Schedules staff assignments on a daily basis. Assists Clinical Operations Manager with monthly staff schedule
- Assists Clinical Operations Manager to review all required documentation related to… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.