Technician, Sr Electronic
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Florence, AL 35630
Sr electronic Tech, Heflin AL
As a Senior Electronic Technician, youare responsible for preforming routine maintenance on equipment, installing various types of new equipment as well as machinery control and instrumentation. Qualified candidates will also be able to make repairs to electrical power, motor and motor control circuits.
The following is a list of specific major duties which are considered to be essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions within the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The team member who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. . If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Routine maintenance including but not limited to: field fault analysis, calibration of instrumentation using proper test equipment, component replacement, alignment and calibration to specification.
• Interpret blueprints and schematics to isolate faulty equipment or components and determine the root cause of failures.
• Troubleshoot and repair various equipment to include pneumatic, electronic, digital equipment and AC/DC motors.
• Fault analysis of hard wired relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (120V to 480V 3 phase) and common utility/lighting circuits.
• Installation of new equipment and machinery control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested to include commissioning new drives and PLC’s.
• Connect to a PLC/Drive using a laptop, go online with the PLC/Drive program and determine if any faults exist, interpret the PLC ladder logic and make minor adjustments as needed.
• Observe Southwire’s safety rules, maintain good housekeeping, and perform all other duties as assigned
• Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
• Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire area of responsibility.
• Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and give personal support to all safety activities and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma, or equivalent, is required. Technical school degree preferred
• Five (5) years minimum experience in industrial maintenance preferred
• Must pass company maintenance testing
• Must have extensive knowledge in electronics troubleshooting
• Ability to work in a high speed, fast-paced environment
• Must have required tools to preform job satisfactorily
• Allen Bradley Control Logix and SLC experience is preferred.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Southwire company is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability