Operating Room Liaison - Travel
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35209
Job Title: Operating Room Liaison – Travel
Req ID: 16415
Job Category: Clinical Support, Operations & Education
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Operating Room Liaison individual will work to coordinate and have oversight of daily activities between the Operating Room (OR) and Sterile Processing Department (SPD) to facilitate efficient case flow. Responsible for assisting in projects and process improvement initiatives in compliance with contractual obligations. Promotes customer service/satisfaction through training, education, and resolution of OR frictions for the facility. Perform duties in accordance with hospital, TJC, AORN, AAMI and other appropriate policies and procedures. This position may require up to 100% travel.
- May include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the operating room staff in preparing the OR suite for surgery by verifying instrument trays are available prior to case start times.
- Keeps track of case flow during the day, monitor instrument needs, and notify SPD personnel in advance of any possible additional/emergent instrumentation needs. Must be able to resolve issues or offer alternatives when necessary.
- Assist with planning and coordination of instrument turnarounds. Help communicate to the surgical team essential instrumentation information that may affect or delay surgery start time.
- Assist OR and SPD leadership on preference card creation and/or changes to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in and monitors projects on an as needed basis. Identifies instrumentation related to tray additions and reconfigurations, building surgeons specialty sets, etc. Reports findings and revisions to the CSPM Manager.
- Participates and assists in new IMS employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and IMS or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
- Responds to problem calls from Surgery during regular business hours as required by the contract deliverables.
- Assist in the transportation of sterilized instrumentation to the operating rooms as needed.
- Assists in removing soiled case carts or un-sterile instrumentation and scopes from the operating room department.
- Ensures quality of care by assisting in the cleaning and maintaining hospital instrumentation by following manufacturers IFUs per contract deliverables.
- Able to Process and cleans any required equipment according to IMS and manufacture’s guidelines, including the use of protective equipment as indicated in IMS SOP’s.
- Places instrumentation in appropriate containers using correct count sheet.
- Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day, call or weekend cases.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the application/use of instrumentation.
- Reports broken instrumentation to appropriate member of management.
- Ensures continuity and quality of surgical procedures by providing support services in the operating room.
- Perform daily required audits of KPI data to include:Case cart audits
Room visits for OR frictions
Post case cart audits
- Enter KPI data into IMS portal daily.
*… For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.