Mortgage Loan Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35801
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with BancorpSouth.
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Originator (Officer)
Functional Title: Mortgage Loan Originator
Physical Location: Hampton Cove, 410 A Sutton Road, Owens Crossroad, AL 35763
Reports To: Regional Mortgage Loan Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
Job Group Category: Non- Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Primary Purpose: Summary of major reason this job exists.
Under general supervision, the mortgage loan officer is responsible for originating new mortgage loan business for the bank by working with Realtors, Builders, past clients and other referral partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Majority of duties performed, but not limited to be all inclusive or to prevent other duties from being assigned.
- Solicit business from potential and existing customers (outside and inside business location)
- Interviews loan applicants and processed loan applications for both purchase and refinance transactions.
- Counsel borrowers about various loan programs.
- Assist the loan processor in gathering necessary documents from the customers to prepare for underwriting.
- Work closely with processor and underwriter to address any items needed.
- Manages a large pipeline of loans including meeting closing deadlines, submitting loans to compliance and making sure their pipeline meets the bank’s requirement.
- Provides and maintains a professional, business atmosphere within the organization.
- Represents the financial institution in public relations activities and community involvement.
Job Specifications: Knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job-
- Thorough understanding of all loan programs and closing costs
- Have good understanding of FHA, VA, and conventional underwriting guidelines for all loan investors.
- Must be able to meet strict time deadlines and work independently under pressure
- Must be detailed oriented and able to follow set guidelines
- Possess ability to sell oneself to potential customers and referral partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.