Aviation Technician Level II (LUH Mechanic) (YUL2114_COMPANY_1.8)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
The Aviation Technician Level II will perform aircraft MAINTENANCE, repairs, modifications and inspections in accordance with approved methods and practices. The Aviation Technician Level II will also provide technical direction to level I technicians when needed.
• Perform aircraft maintenance IAW instructions/drawings
• Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs
• Maintain a high state of cleanliness and utilize a clean-as-you-go process when executing maintenance duties
• Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks
• Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications
• Use Government COMPUTER system to access various technical references for repairs and Government training requirements
• Follow drawings/blueprints/instructions/modification work orders (MWO)/technical manuals
• Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor
• Possess effective oral and technical written communication skills as well as strong professional customer service skills to include active listening, prompt service and follow-up while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
• Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily and IAW with technical manuals
This position has no direct reports.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of four (4) years’ experience with at least two (2) years’ experience in accordance with military standards and specifications.
Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Must be able to pass all required physical exams
A & P certificate a plus
Travel required – 50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Aviation Technician Level II – Mechanical
• May require knowledge of and experience performing maintenance on the following aircraft:
• Ability to read and interpret all aircraft instruments.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure MANUALS.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent Yulista Aviation, Inc. in a professional manner at all times.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies, processes and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Aviation, Inc.’s goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
• High degree of self-motivation, ability to work independently and multi-task
• Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulics, engines, auxiliary power unit, ventilation, and heating systems.
• Repair, replace and rebuild aircraft structures and functional components including rigging, surface shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills.
• Troubleshoot engines and systems and use Federal Supply systems.
• Replace or repair worn or damaged components such as alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
• Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and BENEFITS package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us ONLINE at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.