MACHINIST II - (YUL2041_COMPANY_1.5)(3244)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35805
This position will be responsible for the operation of machining centers. This position will require the machinist to edit programs, as needed, in order to increase productivity. Must be able to identify programing errors during machine set up. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Machine simple to complex parts composed of various mediums such as aluminum, steel, stainless, bronze, etc.
• Parts are to be created per customer requirements, manufacturer’s specifications, blueprints, schematics, etc.
• Must ensure the raw material is IAW job routers and tech data.
• Ensure safety mechanisms such as guards and shields are on machines and are functional prior to operating machinery
• Use equipment such as drill presses, milling machines or lathes
• Use of other hand and power tools applicable to the trade will be required.
• May be required to move materials throughout the machine shop either by hand or using lifting assistance equipment
• Properly position metal on equipment and ensure measurements are accurate prior to cutting.
• Regulates machining by utilizing machine instrumentation knowledge and requirements, setting and adjusting controls to meet production needs
• Meet production deadlines by adhering to manufacturing schedule
• Perform post manufacturing inspection to ensure quality standards and other specifications have been met.
• Interpret and apply MIL-SPEC standards
• Use of multi-axis Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) milling machines will be required
• Perform all duties safely utilizing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, face shields, etc.
• Maintains a safe working environment by following all safety procedures and keeping work area clean and free of clutter/debris
• Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Beginner to intermediate computer skills in order to complete timecards and data entry into software databases
• Ability to learn new computer software programs associated with machine programming
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and other staff.
• Must be trustworthy in order to handle confidential information routinely.
• Ability to follow a process safely and efficiently
• Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista goals.
• Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical computations. Must be able to convert measurements into different units.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High School Diploma, a trade school certificate or Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years CNC machining experience
• 20 + Years of manual machining may supersede the minimum requirement of CNC experience
• Machinist II must be able to set up a CNC center to perform machining on complex parts utilizing 3 axis mills or lathes
• Must be able to edit CNC programs at the machine
• Must be able to hold tight tolerances with various metal types
• Ability to pass a drug and background screening
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
?Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.