MAINT TEST PILOT EVALUATOR - (LSF0021_COMPANY_1)(3290)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Meridianville, AL 35759
Maintenance Test Pilots (MTP)/ Maintenance Evaluators (ME) perform Maintenance Test Flights (MTF) and Maintenance Operational Checks (MOC) to evaluate the airworthiness of the aircraft as established in applicable Army Service guidance. Additionally, they train and evaluate MPs and other MEs in the CH47F.
• Perform aircrew training IAW AR 95-20 and TC 3-04.11.
• Provide maintenance training procedures to students.
• Develop training aids, standardizes Maintenance Test Pilot operations, and provides recommendations on how students can increase knowledge and understanding of CH-47 maintenance.
• Performs flight readiness inspections and in-depth visual inspections after each test flight to correct deficiencies/failures.
• Performs maintenance test flights as required to prove that equipment is functional.
• Completes maintenance forms, aircraft log books and test flight check sheets.
• Performs maintenance operational checks of CH-47F aircraft on the ground through engine run-up, aircraft taxiing or use of auxiliary power or testing equipment, to assure that aircraft systems or components disturbed during an inspection or maintenance action have been repaired, reassembled or adjusted satisfactorily
• Conduct all operations safely and in accordance with established company policies and procedures (Flight Operations Procedures, Flight Profiles, and Safety Programs).
• Evaluate student performance and competence as a result of training provided.
• Accomplishes TDY mission support when tasked by the Government COR or designated representative to provide training support.
• Work daily with government oversite agency, from DCMA, the Government Flight Representative (GFR) and their staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position will supervise aircrew personnel including interviewing, hiring, terminating, performance reviews, and performance corrections. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS to provide flight instruction at various military installations.
• Must be able to fly under day, night and IMC flight conditions with responsibility for such operations as ferrying the aircraft from home station to required training sites.
• Perform assignments including training flights, planning routes of flight, securing the necessary clearance, navigating by reference to aeronautical charts, compass, and terrain.
• Ability to develop training material for CH-47 aircraft.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume and to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Must possess FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and appropriate category and class ratings.
• Must have completed the CH47 Aircraft Qualification Course (AQC)
• Shall be a graduate of the Army Maintenance Test Pilot Course or complete an equivalency evaluation conducted by the Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES)
• Shall have passed an ME evaluation administered by a Director of Evaluations and Standards (DES) Maintenance Evaluator (ME).
• Must hold a current designation as an ME
• Must have a current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
• Minimum of 1000 hours Pilot in Command time with 300 in a CH-47.
• Meet evaluation requirements provided by the services prior to GFR approval on DD form 2628
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent and 4 years of military flight experience and/or applicable training courses are required
• Must have Individual Flight Records Folder (IFRF) with most recent DA7120, DA7122
• Must have most recent DA 759 Close out Record.
• Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.