Quality Inspector II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Eastaboga, AL 36260
• Interpret blueprints and follow instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the product and supplies
• Approve or reject raw materials with respect to quality standards and record supplier performance
• Select output samples and check them using appropriate methods (measuring dimensions, testing functionality, comparing to specifications etc.)
• Ability to perform complex testing procedures
• Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
• Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with safety standards.
• Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and discard any that doesn’t meet requirements.
• Measuring with dial calipers, gauges, micrometers and other measuring tools.
• Calibration and testing interpretation.
• Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager.
• Assist in process improvements for the reduction of defects, reduced lead times and reduced costs.