Engineering Intern Summer 2020
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
External Support Is Our Foundation For Success
We have been built on a premise of supportive team effort. Not everyone knows everything. We help one another to reach success. We find that when we help and support our teammates the whole team does much better. If you have that in your DNA, you’ll find a like-minded group with us.
Ready to work on interesting and challenging Defense projects and develop meaningful skills? Parsons is now accepting applications for Engineering Intern students who are ready to join a rapidly growing team solving difficult engineering problems and helping make our country safer. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your willingness to work hard will propel your career and opportunities forward. We need our interns to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. In this role, under direction of our engineers, you will perform a variety of basic to moderately-difficult engineering support assignments. Location: Huntsville, Alabama
You will be directly supporting senior engineers in the execution of complex engineering projects:
- Analyzing missile electrical and mechanical systems, circuit-level analysis, subsystem-level test and evaluation of electrical and electromechanical systems, data analysis, and documentation
- Developing/modifying missile 3-D CAD models and 2-D drawings, developing missile simulations
- Conducting missile studies, and analyzing results
- Developing software tools in MATLAB, Python, or C/C+ Qualifications:
- Junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in AE, EE, ME, CompE, or CompSci
- 3.0 GPA required
- C/C+- Missile simulation
- CAD / CFD
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials
- Strong interpersonal skills to support interaction with both Government and contractor personnel
Ready to become one of our interns?
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Prescreen Required clearance.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on *Facebook** , Twitter , LinkedIn , and YouTube .**