Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35812
Cimarron is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to deliver high quality plans, records, and reports in support of the SLS Manufacturing Engineer for the Development, Planning, Fabrication, Assembly, and Integration production effort(s) in Huntsville, AL.
• Refine, validate, coordinate, and implement conceptual designs.
• Implement manufacturing/production facility plans, detailed tooling, and simulations.
• Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs, and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge, and experience.
• Apply extensive job practices, techniques, standards, and principles to influence hardware design and manufacturing processes, with a goal to implement Design for Manufacturing and Assembly methods (DFMA).
• Author and develop sections of the Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration, and Test plan to satisfy Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
• Document and communicate producibility best practices.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
• 3 or more years of directly related experience.
• Ability to obtain clearance/access to NASA facilities. Access may also be required to additional NASA Facilities including Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Alabama and Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) in Louisiana.
• Experience with one or more of the following: Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT), Fabrication, Final Integration, Functional systems.
• Foreign Object Debris (FOD) training and experience working in a FOD controlled environment.
• Ability to support travel as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline OR 6 or more years of directly related experience in lieu of education.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Prior space flight launch vehicle experience.
• Prior experience in a Project Management or SME role.
• Experience to contract requirements, specifications, design criteria, and schedule performance are integrated and maintained.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering program.
Cimarron is a global solutions company with a strategic partnering approach to satisfying customer-driven requirements. We ensure customer success with a modern approach and experienced leadership. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, Cimarron is fueled by highly skilled employees, developing new innovative technologies, and delivering superior products and services.
We believe in recognizing employees’ worth by offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) contributions, educational reimbursement, and much more. From company communication through Company-wide information meetings led by our President and CEO, to an Awards program designed to recognize our amazing employees and their accomplishments, you will not only feel like you are a part of a team, you will be a valued member of the Cimarron family.
Cimarron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran. Due to facility security requirements, only US Citizens are eligible for consideration at this time.