Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Per Diem
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oneonta, AL 35121
MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations . We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare’s Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
For More Information Please Contact:
Alisha Briggs- Talent Acquisition Manager
1. Screens patients/residents.
2. Upon physician’s orders, evaluates patients/residents and develops appropriate care plans.
3. May perform additional assigned administrative duties such as: assigning and overseeing patient/resident care activities, medical record oversight, assuring execution of physician orders, ordering supplies, etc.
4. Under a physician’s order, provides direct patient/resident treatments in accordance with an established plan of care. Treatment venue includes one-on-one supervised and group.
5. Contributes to the team meeting and decision-making process as defined by the program.
6. Consults with and trains patients/residents and caregivers.
7. Monitors efficiencies on an ongoing basis in collaboration with supervisor.
8. Documents activities according to the company’s clinical documentation system on a timely basis.
9. Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare and other reimbursement regulations.
10. Communicates effectively with patients, team members, customers and supervisor.
11. Promotes positive customer relations.
12. Provides appropriate consultation to the facility.
13. Participates in the training and orientation of other staff.
14. Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
15. Participates in the interviewing process for new staff.
16. Participates in census building and marketing activities.
17. Demonstrates ability for continuous new learning to remain current in the field.
18. May perform additional duties as requested by the administrator or rehab coordinator/manager.
19. Participates in quality improvement activities.
20. Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed the expectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
21. Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators, and co-workers.
22. Ensures the rights of residents are respected.
1. Masters Degree in Speech Pathology, ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence and Professional Licensure where required by state law; two years clinical experience preferred.
2. Vital Stim Certified Preferred
3. Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
5. Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
6. Utilizes effective time management skills.
7. Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills.
8. Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
9. Ability to drive and have a current state driver’s license.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2019-32357
Location Name Oneonta Nursing & Rehab Center
Address 215 Valley Road